Augmented Reality Mode allows you to test your skills against AI enemies in a single player wave mode. Rise through the ranks in this fully AR experience by outsmarting and outgunning your opponents. In Simulation mode, your device will display the AR screen interface.
- The lower left and right sections of the screen are reserved for your control of your Meka.
- Along the top of the screen, you will see two bars. Your shield bar is represented in blue, and will mark the status of your battle-bot’s health - if it reaches zero you have lost your battle and your shields are destroyed.
- Keep an eye on the red bar as well. MekaMon can’t pummel each other with hair-raising attacks forever, their systems need time to cool down. If you don’t factor this into your approach you’ll be sorely disappointed when your Meka system overheats, rendering it vulnerable to the incoming onslaught of attack. This red bar keeps track of your temperature.
- Along the left and right of the screen, you will see your AUG components. These can be called upon at any time during battle to either attack or defend your bot.
- The bottom of the screen also holds a selection of utility AUGs used to disadvantage your opponent specifically or boost your own performance. Be warned: you cannot play another AUG while one is still in session.
For more information on AUGs, please see our page 'What Are AUGs?'
To Begin An AR Simulation Battle:
1. Open the Simulation section of the MekaMon app
2. Place the robot on the floor when instructed by the app
3. Pick the robot up
4. Spin and flip the robot slowly to calibrate
5. Select an AUG deck. Select the 'Deck Details' option to view the contents of the deck and tap 'Select' to choose your deck.
6. Place your AR Mat on the floor and place your MekaMon's front legs on the two dots on the mat
7. Fit the reticule over the blue head of the MekaMon and tap 'Scan'
8. Move the MekaMon over to the blue disk that appears on your screen
9. An enemy will appear - it's time to battle