What good is a robot if it can't battle? To get your MekaMon up and running Battle Mode, take the following steps:
1. Ensure both yourself and your opponent are on the same Wifi connection and running the same version of the MekaMon app.
2. Select Battle Mode from your MekaMon app home screen
3. Select your AUG deck (for more information about AUGs, please see our page 'What Are AUGs?')
4. One pilot will need to host the game by selecting the 'Host Game' option at the top of the screen
5. The other pilot can then choose the option to 'Join' the game
6. Once both players have tapped the 'Ready' button, the game countdown will begin
7. Both pilots will then enter the Battle Mode control screen. In case you aren't already familiar with this screen, see our 'AR Simulation' post to get to grips with what you're looking at. The layout is the same in Battle Mode as you will find in the Augmented Reality mode, with your AUGs lining three sides of the screen and your health and temperature indicators sitting along the top. You will also see your opponent's health and temperature underneath your own in Battle Mode.
8. When you play an AUG, it will appear in the centre of your screen and, depending on the type of AUG you play, you will be able to see its effect on your opponent's health and temperature bars.
9. When your opponent plays an AUG against you, you will see the same effect on your own health and temperature as well as the icon of the AUG being played.
Remember not to play too many AUGs in quick succession, as this will cause your unit to overheat and power down for a short period of time, leaving it vulnerable to attack.
Similarly, you must be within firing range of your opponent to play AUGs, which is where nifty controls come in useful. You can practice manoeuvring your Robot to avoid incoming attacks in the AR Simulation Mode, or in the Free Drive Mode. Your MekaMon can also hide behind objects, so choose your arena wisely.
Check out Ryan's Battle Mode walkthrough for more information:
Quick Troubleshooting: If you are attempting to Join another pilot's game, however, are not continuing to the next stage of setup it may be because you are running on different versions of the app. Close the MekaMon app and update the appropriate device to ensure you are running on the same version. Similarly, ensure you are both connected to the same wifi network.